Position summary: Sales professional to manage and develop new and existing wholesale and key account protein customers within the New York Metro Market. To support the company’s sales goals utilizing professional sales techniques, effective marketing, and good customer service to promote quality relations and retention goals with existing accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities includes the following essential functions:
- Introduce branded items in assigned territory
- Establishes, develops, and maintains quality relations with existing assigned accounts, increasing base volume and reducing retention losses.
- Develops maximum sales potential with each customer in assigned territories through competitive sales techniques and knowledge of the company’s products and services as well as the competition’s products and services.
- Follows through on established objectives of telephone calls, in-person visits, and presentations to existing and prospective customers (in store merchandising).
- Develops a target list of new customer development as part of business planning process
- Creates, with the help of marketing department, customized proposals to meet specific customer requirements in an effective manner.
- Handles customer orders in an organized and efficient manner.
- Completes and submits required sales reports (daily, weekly, or monthly basis).
- Manages A/ R collections in territory as necessary
- Issues approved customer credits and resolves unauthorized deductions.
- Manages and adheres to company policy surrounding minimum route profitability requirements.
- Professionally represents the company at trade shows, demos, and other industry events, as requested.
- Participates in the selection of new products by communicating with the marketing department on new product market trends and competitive intelligence.
- Works closely with the Purchasing Department on customer needs.
- Works in conjunction with Credit Department and other related departments in regards to sales needs and objectives.
- Accepts other duties and responsibilities as assigned or market requires.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum high school graduate
- Wholesale or key account Farming/hunting sales experience
- Experience in meat industry sales a plus
- Proven sales achievement -consistently meeting sales quotas/budgets
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence others (good negotiation skills).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Long range planning ability with both anticipation and insight.
- Ability to develop and utilize selling materials /sell book effectively.
- Must have excellent listening skills and ability to use open and closed probes.
- Must have excellent analytical ability, including problem-solving and conceptual thinking.
- Ability to re-prioritize work as necessary to meet timelines.
- Must be accurate, thorough, and maintain consistent follow-through.
- Demonstrate strong sales skills and a commitment to customer service
- Required to operate in a collaborative team spirit to meet company goals and objectives.
- Computer/ PC literate.
- Commitment to high standards and sharing company values.
Be a part of a winning team at a great company in a stable industry within the world’s largest food distribution center; come work with us!
** Equal Opportunity Employer