Position summary: From an Inside, primarily office-based position, perform as a member of a sales team to develop new and existing customers within an assigned customer base and/or a given sales territory. Support the company’s sales goals by working in conjunction with assigned field sales representatives/account managers and category managers to maintain and grow the assigned accounts business. Utilize professional sales techniques, effective marketing of company products, and good customer service to promote and build deep, high quality customer relationships resulting in improved sales and profitability in your assigned accounts.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum high school graduate. Advanced degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of previous Inside Sales experience.
- Fluency in Spanish required for this position.
- Previous food service distribution experience strongly preferred.
- A proactive self-starter, motivated and resourceful to reach and exceed sales goals, while achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to manage multiple customers concurrently at various stages of the sales process.
- Must have the ability to persuade and influence others (good negotiation skills).
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent listening skills and ability to use open and closed probes.
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Must be accurate, thorough, and maintain consistent follow-through.
- Must have strong sales skills, but also be willing and able to “roll-up shirt sleeves” to provide service when needed.
- Strong working knowledge of AS400, Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Must demonstrate sales leadership skills.
- Must share a commitment to company values.