Position summary: To manage and develop new and existing customers within an assigned customer base and/or a given sales territory. To support the company’s sales goals utilizing professional sales techniques, effective marketing of company products, and good customer service to promote quality relations and retention goals with existing accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities includes the following essential functions:
- Meets or exceeds established sales objectives
- Establishes, develops, and maintains quality relations with existing assigned accounts, increasing base volume and reducing retention losses.
- Develops maximum sales potential with each customer in assigned territories through competitive sales techniques, knowledge of the company’s products and services as well as the competition’s products and services.
- Maintains updated customer profile information including contact data and pricing structures.
- Introduces branded items in assigned territories and meets or exceeds established branded sales objectives.
- Utilizes telephone calls, in-person visits, and presentations to existing and prospective customers to position Fancy Foods as preferred supplier.
- Offers in store merchandising consultancy services as a competitive differentiator and value-added service.
- Develops/maintains a target prospect list for new customer development with Supervisor’s and marketing’s support.
- Creates, with the help of marketing department, customized proposals to meet specific customer requirements in an effective manner.
- Handles customer orders in an organized and efficient manner.
- Completes and submits sales reports as needed (daily, weekly, or monthly basis).
- Manages and adheres to company rules surrounding minimum route profitability requirements.
- Represents the company at trade shows, demos, and other industry events, as requested.
- Participates in the selection of new products by communicating with the marketing department on new market trends and competitive intelligence.
- Works closely with the Purchasing Department on customer needs.
- Works in conjunction with Credit Department and other related departments regarding sales needs and objectives.
- Assists in the collection of overdue accounts, when required.
- Manages approved customer credits and resolves unknown deductions.
- Maintains updated sales binders with current price sheets.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum high school graduate, with some business and food industry knowledge.
- Must have the ability to persuade and influence others (good negotiation skills).
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have long range planning ability with both anticipation and insight.
- Must be able to use sell sheets and a sell book effectively.
- Must have excellent listening skills and ability to use open and closed probes.
- Must have excellent analytical ability, including problem-solving and conceptual thinking.
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Must be accurate, thorough, and maintain consistent follow-through.
- Must have strong sales skills, but also be willing and able to “roll-up shirt sleeves” to provide service when needed.
- Must be able to meet company goals and objectives.
- Must be computer and PC literate.
- Must demonstrate sales leadership skills.
- Must share a commitment to company values.
*Equal Opportunity Employer