The scope of duties relating to this position includes picking orders and delivering them to the delivery platform for the benefit of customers or in preparation for shipment. The job of an order picker is very detail-oriented as both quality and quantity of picked merchandise must match the pick ticket or an invoice. The Order Picker is responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled. Other job duties may include placing incoming items in stocked inventory and performing other general physical activities in the warehouse.
- Receives pick tickets to ascertain ordered items and quantities and gathers appropriate merchandise from shelves.*
- Fills customer order in accordance with invoice or pick ticket.
- Transports merchandise from the stock room to the delivery platform
- Handles and operates mechanized equipment (e.g. power jack, hi-lo) to effectively and efficiently process orders.
- Stocks merchandise in warehouse utilizing mechanized equipment and lifting and carrying merchandise to place on shelves.
- Organizes and rotates merchandise to prepare inventory for shipment as needed.
- Loads, unloads and transfers merchandise to designed area in accordance with training procedures.
- Ensures all orders are accurate and free of damage.
- Wraps and secure loads prior to transport.
- Meets company standards for safety, security, and productivity.
- Maintains a neat and orderly workplace at all times, which includes moving pallets, sweeping, and removing/disposing of litter.
- Reports dangerous conditions to management immediately.
- Adheres to Corporate Company Policy and shares company values.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualification and Skills:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) would be considered an asset; however, it is not mandatory.*
- Previous work-related experience would also be considered an asset.
- Must be able to read and write legibly.
- Must be able to do simple math and count accurately.
- Must have effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Must be able to remember product locations on warehouse shelves.
- Must be able to perform tasks in extreme-temperature environments.
- Must be able to operate pallet jack and/or forklift.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others.
- Must be well organized.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be patient and able to do repetitive work.
- Must learn quickly and effectively, and be open to critical feedback.*
Be a part of winning team at a great company in a stable industry within the world’s largest food distribution center; come work with us!
*Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time