Position Summary: The human resources (HR) generalist, manages the day-to-day operations of the human resources areas, as well as the administration of related policies, procedures, and programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the department including, benefits administration, disability, workers compensation, recruitment and intake, employee retention, training and HR administrative functions. The HR Manager will develop personnel initiatives and solutions to enhance employee development and maximize business performance. This position requires a highly motivated versatile and innovative HR professional who desires to make a meaningful contribution to the organization by leveraging their HR expertise and business acumen, while being a “hands-on leader. “
Duties and Responsibilities / Summary:
- Provides daily support in all areas of human resources and collaborates with all Department Heads.
- Enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices a 100% compliance to promote an accountable, ethical and compliant work environment.
- Manages human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Plans, implements, and manages full-cycle, day-to-day administration of all benefit plans, including enrollment process, eligibility changes, terminations, premium and deductions payments, and resolving employee questions and concerns.
- Process and audit vendor/carrier invoices and bills for accuracy; works closely with Accounts Payable to process invoices timely.
- Execute Workers’ Compensation administration; monitors and reviews accident investigation, claims management, risk mitigation.
- Coordinates general occupational safety related training.
- Maintains confidential department records and reports.
- Leads company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and governmental reporting requirements.
- Creates and promotes a positive and supportive work environment.
- Adheres to Corporate Company Policy and shares company values.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Essential Skills and Experience / Summary:
- Must possess a Bachelor degree in a related field of study with a minimum of 4 years of relevant HR Generalist level experience.
- Superior communication (oral and written) and presentation & reporting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Superior ability to develop rapport at all levels.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to manage multiple and complex administrative processes.
- High energy level, strong sense of initiative, creative problem solving, flexibility and discretion.
- Detailed-oriented; strong organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines and company objectives.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and other languages a plus.
- Union environment/labor negotiations experience a plus.
- Demonstrate empathy and respect for people.
- Attention to detail and good judgement.