Position summary: To manage and develop new and existing retail customers within an assigned customer base and/or a given sales territory in the greater NYC metropolitan area through face to face engagement at customer locations and sound account management practices. To support the company’s sales goals utilizing professional sales techniques, effective marketing of company products, and excellent customer service to promote quality customer relationships and retention goals with existing accounts.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum high school graduate, college degree preferred.
- Prior field sales experience in food / meat industry strongly preferred.
- Must be a fanatic about providing best in class customer service.
- Must have the ability to persuade and influence others (good negotiation and communication skills).
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have long range planning ability with both anticipation and insight.
- Must be able to use sell sheets and a sell book effectively.
- Must have excellent listening skills and ability to use open and closed probes.
- Must have excellent analytical ability, including problem-solving and conceptual thinking.
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Must be accurate, thorough, and maintain consistent follow-through.
- Must have strong sales skills, but also be willing and able to “roll-up shirt sleeves” to provide service when needed.
- Must be able to meet company goals and objectives.
- Must be computer and PC literate.
- Must have current driver’s license and insurance.
- Must share a commitment to company values.
- Bi lingual (Spanish) a significant plus.