Position summary: Accounting professional with 5-8 years minimum experience in warehousing and distribution environments. The successful candidate will comprehensively manage financial accounting functions, while working closely with affiliated departments such as HR and IT to ensure efficiency and deliver accurate and timely financial reports/results. Utilization of analytics to maximize returns on financial assets while enhancing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems is essential. Excellent interpersonal skills are required to interface with all department heads of the company, with the end result of outstanding internal and external customer service and attainment of the Company’s mission and commercial objectives. The Controller’s job also includes establishing and accomplishing financial business objectives and managing a variety of general office activities.
Summary: Duties and Responsibilities
• Guides financial decisions of corporation by understanding critical aspects of highly perishable food distribution and affiliated cost centers.
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring/evaluating, and enforcing internal controls, policies and procedures.
• Continual interface and interaction with all department heads and Senior Management team.
• Oversees daily operations of the Cashier’s Office, Accounts Receivable/Payable to insure secure, accurate and timely processing of all transactions. This includes signing checks and authorizing wire and ACH payments.
• Oversees the weekly payroll process in order to ensure compliance and disbursement in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ensures security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
• Ensures accurate and timely completion of the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process.
• Reviews account reconciliations.
• Schedules expenditures, analyzes variances, and initiates corrective actions.
• Maintains general ledger accounts and prepares journal entries for accruals and variances.
• Manages the company’s cash flow.
• Manages tax function, including successful completion of tax filings and tax planning, completion of quarterly income tax provision, as well as managing external tax advisors.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
• Interfaces with outside audit firms, banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies.
• Provides leadership and guidance for strategic implementation on behalf of Finance and Human Resources to all departments.
• Recruits, trains, supervise, and evaluates department staff.
• Provides leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Administers and manages the company’s business insurance policies, credit risks and healthcare policies.
• Utilizes company’s Business Intelligence tool and ERP system to implement best practice for increased productivity and cost reduction.
• Develops and administers policies, procedures, and guidelines to help align workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards.
• Creates and promotes a positive and supportive work environment.
• Adheres to Corporate Company Policy and shares company values.
• Performs other related duties as required.