To handle, transport, load and unload products from various depots, storage, and warehouse locations or vendor facilities to/from our customer facilities in a safe and efficient manner, with a focus on unyielding and preeminent customer service and professionalism, always, while abiding by our company culture statement and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport pallet goods and packages from place of origin to assigned destination
- Perform daily safety inspection of your assigned vehicle, including related documentation. Specifically [Oil levels, tires damage and pressure, mirrors, lights, brakes, horns & material handling equipment – pallet jacks, hand trucks].
- Accurate and timely completion of daily route sheet reporting.
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries with clients
- Communicate with dispatch as needed
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and abide by all applicable Federal, State and Local motor vehicle regulations, laws, and ordinance
Requirement & qualifications
- Valid Class A or B commercial driver’s license required
- Be physically and mentally qualified to drive a company vehicle and possess a valid medical certificate as defined in 49 CFR Part 391 according to FMCSA guidelines
- Experience operating warehouse equipment, such as electric lifts, hand trucks, and pallet jacks a plus
- Meets all the requirements and be able to perform all the tasks and essential duties of the job description
- Ability to lift up to 90 pounds.
- Must pass a background check and drug test