Fancy Foods employees are our company’s heart and soul. We realize a crucial part of our success is our commitment to hiring and developing quality people.
We are always looking for qualified people who are team players with a strong worth ethic to join our company.
Current Open Positions:
Job title: Truck Driver
Position summary: Truck Driver is responsible for transporting deliveries, both locally and over moderate-range distances, in accordance with company guidelines and DOT regulations. Duties include performing pre-and post-trip vehicle inspections, and unloading cased products from the trailer to customer facilities. Truck Driver is also responsible for following appropriate safety procedures, maintaining accurate DOT logs and completing documentation required by the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following essential functions:
- Transports deliveries locally and over moderate-range distances according to route sheet in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company procedures and applicable DOT regulations.
- Comprehends the route of shipments assigned.
- Delivers orders to destinations, unloads orders and completes required paperwork.
- Obtains customer signatures to confirm delivery.
- Picks up product from specific locations with proper authorization.
- Collects payments from customers, when required.
- Applies knowledge and ability to safely load and unload deliveries according to size of load and content description.
- Verifies all items listed on the route sheet manifest are loaded and delivered.
- Remits cash and check payments received from customers, along with the Driver Collection Log to the Cashier Department on a daily basis.
- Submits daily trip reports and informs supervisor of outstanding conditions.
- Performs pre and post trip inspections of assigned vehicle.
- Provides great customer service and maintains a professional manner and appearance to enhance the company’s image.
- Manages logs and records as per DOT regulations.
- Maintains adequate contact with the supervisor.
- Operates equipment necessary to load and unload deliveries, when required.
- Maintains company gas credit cards, and valid/current proof of insurance and registration in vehicle.
- Ensures proper maintenance of vehicles and reports all accidents/damage/malfunctions to management.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify problems or unsafe accounts.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Operations Manager.
- Adheres to laws on commercial vehicle operation as per Federal, State and local authorities.
- Adheres to Corporate Company Policy and shared Company Values.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential skills and experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to four years related experience and/or training.
- Must be able to read customer orders, follow company procedures and adhere to safety regulations.
- Must have good communications skills.
- Must have effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Must have good mathematical skills, with the ability to check, count and verify numbers.
- Must provide exceptional customer service and have a professional attitude.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have a good work ethic.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and have excellent time management skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) with a good current driving record.
- Must have local and regional logistics knowledge.
- Must enjoy practical work.
- Must have good driving skills.
- Must have an aptitude for mechanics.
- Must be able to deal with transportation-related challenges.
- Must have the ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Must be able to work in severe weather conditions: both hot and cold.
- Must be a quick and efficient learner, and be open to critical feedback.
- Must have the ability to accept responsibility and accountability for his/her actions and demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
- Must be dependable and trustworthy.
Job Title: Field Sales Account Manager – Retail Team
Position summary: To manage and develop new and existing retail customers within an assigned customer base and/or a given sales territory in the greater NYC metropolitan area through face to face engagement at customer locations and sound account management practices. To support the company’s sales goals utilizing professional sales techniques, effective marketing of company products, and excellent customer service to promote quality customer relationships and retention goals with existing accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities includes the following essential functions:
- Establishes, develops, and maintains quality relationships with existing assigned customers and delivers outstanding customer service with a goal of growing sales and profitability and meeting or exceeding established sales objectives.
- Utilizes competitive sales techniques using knowledge of the company’s products and services as well as the competition’s products and services to grow company business.
- Demonstrates a command of how to utilize customer sales history and other market data to develop a strategy on how to grow company business.
- Introduces branded items in assigned territories. Meets or exceeds established branded sales objectives.
- Utilizes in-person visits, telephone calls and presentations to existing and prospective customers (in store merchandising).
- Develops a target list of new customer development with Supervisor’s and marketing’s support.
- With the support of their supervisor and marketing department, builds customized proposals to meet specific customer requirements in an effective manner.
- Handles customer orders of product in an organized and efficient manner.
- Completes and submits sales reports as needed (daily, weekly, or monthly basis).
- Maintains updated customer profile information, pricing structures and contact data.
- Assists in the collection of overdue accounts, when required.
- Manages with appropriate approvals the issue of approved customer credits and resolves unknown deductions.
- Manages and adheres to company rules surrounding minimum route profitability requirements.
- Represents the company at trade shows, demos, and other industry events, as requested.
- Participates in the selection of new products by communicating with the marketing department on new product market trends and competitive intelligence.
- Works closely with the Purchasing Department on customer needs and pricing environments.
- Works in conjunction with Credit Department and other related departments in regards to sales needs and objectives.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum high school graduate, college degree preferred.
- Prior field sales experience in food / meat industry strongly preferred.
- Must be a fanatic about providing best in class customer service.
- Must have the ability to persuade and influence others (good negotiation and communication skills).
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have long range planning ability with both anticipation and insight.
- Must be able to use sell sheets and a sell book effectively.
- Must have excellent listening skills and ability to use open and closed probes.
- Must have excellent analytical ability, including problem-solving and conceptual thinking.
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Must be accurate, thorough, and maintain consistent follow-through.
- Must have strong sales skills, but also be willing and able to “roll-up shirt sleeves” to provide service when needed.
- Must be able to meet company goals and objectives.
- Must be computer and PC literate.
- Must have current driver’s license and insurance.
- Must share a commitment to company values.
- Bi lingual (Spanish) a significant plus.